Personal Information We May Collect
Information You Provide
When you sign up for HashtagSet or other HashtagSet service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other HashtagSet services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
Personal Information Collected From Authenticated Social Media Accounts.
For the purposes of this section ‘authentication’ describes the action of a user connecting and authorization of a social media account(s) with his / her / their HashtagSet account. Only the person authorized can connect and disconnect his or her social media account(s).
If you connect a social media account to your HashtagSet account we may collect certain information stored in your social media account.
When a Facebook Account is Connected
HashtagSet may allow you to connect a Facebook page or profile to your HashtagSet account, in which case we will access certain information from HashtagSet regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username or page ID or profile ID, access tokens, gender, age, location, sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by HashtagSet to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
When a Twitter Account is Connected
HashtagSet may allow you to connect a Twitter profile to your HashtagSet account, in which case we will access certain information from Twitter regarding your account. In particular, we may collect your profile image, display name, username or profile ID, location, sex, follower count, following count, tweet count, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, retweets, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts) to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by HashtagSet to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
When a LinkedIn Account is Connected
HashtagSet may allow you to connect a LinkedIn profile to your HashtagSet account, in which case we will access certain information from LinkedIn regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username or profile ID, network count, bio, headline description, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by HashtagSet to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
When a YouTube Account is Connected
HashtagSet may allow you to connect a Youtube channel to your HashtagSet account, in which case we will access certain information from Youtube regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username or profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by HashtagSet to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
Personal Information Automatically Obtained from Your Interactions with the Service
When you access HashtagSet services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send messages, chats, or other communications to HashtagSet, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
HashtagSet processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for Personal Information
When you register at HashtagSet, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some HashtagSet features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case HashtagSet may not be able to provide those services to you.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
In certain jurisdictions you have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain Personal Information collected by cookies or similar technologies, or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at email@example.com
How We May Use Your Personal Information
- create and manage your account, provide our Service, process payments, and respond to your inquiries;
- manage account authentication
- communicate with you to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including periodically emailing you service-related announcements;
- publish your content, comments or messages on social media platforms;
- provide tailored advertising, for HashtagSet services, via Google AdWords;
- aggregate your Personal Information for analytical purposes;
- provide customer support;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing how the Service is being accessed and used; tracking performance of the Service; debugging the Service; facilitating the use of our Service);
- send you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of HashtagSet, and affiliated companies;
- ensure the security of our Service;
- manage our customer, service provider and partner relationships;
- enforce our agreements related to our Service and our other legal rights; and
- comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- you have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
- we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
- we have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
How We Share Your Personal Information
HashtagSet only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of HashtagSet in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of HashtagSet, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular term. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Service Providers – We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement – HashtagSet cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to, and defend against claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of HashtagSet or a third party, to protect HashtagSet against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, or legally actionable activity, to protect the security or integrity of the Service and any equipment used to make the Service available, or to comply with the law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to personal information to HashtagSet employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use HashtagSet services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
The Site is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is HashtagSet’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between HashtagSet and an individual.
How to Contact Us
Last Updated on April 6, 2020.